Another nice read (; | 20 Lessons To Learn In Your 20s (And Remember Forever)
http://thoughtcatalog.com/shivani-kothari/2013/11/20-lessons-to-learn-in-your-20s-and-remember-forever/
Well, I'm not going to touch on everything but the more significant ones in my opinion. It's late now D:
1. Inject yourself and everyone you meet with love.
"Love yourself and let your positive energy spread to those around you."
I think I did mention this before in my previous post hahah. Learn to love yourself first so that you can channel the energy into loving others. Everyone in the world needs love, every single soul. A lot of times, people just don't express their love well (Yes I am one of them). Start showing, and don't be afraid of it(; You don't know how you might just brighten up someone's day/entire life by it!
2. Step out of your box.
"Some of the greatest things that will ever happen to you will be because you had 10 seconds of liquid courage to step out of your comfort zone. ... You’re supposed to be bold."
Try something different. Try the things that you wouldn't even dare to try. Well I don't really know how to exactly tell you where to summon the courage but, if you want to achieve something, do TRY:) You never know how much satisfaction you can get out of it. Try to live alone; try out new and refreshing stuffs. 要做就趁年轻时尝试,不要到了人老珠黄才开始后悔为何当初没试过!
3. Take some time for yourself every once in a while.
"You don’t have to constantly be surrounded by your friends or family. Find that peace within yourself and cherish that time."
Sometimes in life you just need to slow down, take a rest, be alone. Make time for yourself. Nowadays, not many people are able to achieve it since they think that 24hours is not even enough for them. What are you rushing for? You need to take some time off to relax and chill. Just stoning will do too. It's not a waste of your time, you need rest. I wouldn't deny that blogging is also a chance to have personal time :)
5. STOP complaining.
"Complaining doesn’t get you anywhere except blowing up the problem in your head even more."
Often I find it hard to not complain. At least ranting takes some emotional burden away from me if I'm stressed or upset. However, there's a lot more other things worth doing to replace complaining! There's more good things that you can do. Complaining solves nothing, but it's some form of avoidance. #NOTA Instead of complaining, take actions to change. It will be more rewarding.
6. Appreciate your family.
"Family is everything. Your family is the only group of people that will love you unconditionally no matter what."
Cherish them while they are still around. You never know when they will be gone. It is the ugly truth that we must all admit - people grow old and will be gone someday. (Especially when you have such a big age gap with your parents.) I guess I need not say much since I've said a fair bit in the previous post about it lols. No matter what they do/did, they are the ones that see you through things and will always be closest to you. Appreciate them, be grateful, thank them #14.
7. Meet new people.
"Widen your perspective, see how others live their lives, and show them how you live yours. You never know when someone just happened to need a friend."
I enjoy meeting new people. No matter what kind of people they are, every new individual taught me different things. When you meet more people, you grow and become more adaptable to different styles of people. I've learnt how to cope with different people that I've met so far - to be cautious when needed, to be direct if preferred, to be open-minded to fit in, etc. Human beings are kind of the most amazing creatures on earth. They can be unpredictable and ever-changing. Every new encounter is a challenge all together. That's why I'm so into travelling/ enthusiastic about going abroad to study~~ #13. Don't be confined to just your own little space. Meet new people, meet the world.
11. Realize that not everyone will like you… and that’s okay.
"Just remember, don’t let other’s opinions threaten your behavior."
Live a life of your own. Don't be afraid of other people's judgement and start to live a life others expect you to have. You only live once, so don't live under others' shadows. Stand up for yourself and be confident of yourself. You don't need to get everyone's agreement to live your life in a certain matter. As long as you are happy and satisfied, stay that way. It may sound very idealistic since we are in a judgmental world and that what people think of us do matter. However, I'm not talking about living the extreme lives. Just, be yourself. And stay true to yourself. I've always been trying to live up to other's expectations and I realised that it's extremely not worth it.. you won't be truly happy, will you?
12. Don’t plan too far ahead.
"I’m not saying to live your life without a little structure, but what’s the rush? ... I don’t want you to feel like there’s no other way as your world comes crashing down around you."
People always say to live every day like your last. (If possible, I would like to say to live everyday like your first. However, that's not realistic.) Remember the times when we were young and we had no worries? That's the kind of feeling of enjoying life to the fullest. Take one step at a time. You can still plan ahead, but not too far ahead. If you really do want to plan far ahead, then don't give up when things don't go as planned. Well, things mostly don't go as plan. Here comes the thing that I always adhere to - the more you want something, the more you wouldn't get it; you'll only get it when you learn to let it go. Again, as it is said, it doesn't mean to completely not have any wants. That is where you plan - your wants. However, don't put too high hopes into achieving it for sure. Nothing is for sure; life isn't any problem sums that you can always get an answer to.
18. Find your niche.
"If you haven’t already, keep looking. If you have, still keep looking. Try new things."
This is something I haven't been able to achieve, but trying to. That is probably why I'm always on-the-go for new stuffs. It goes well with stepping out of your comfort zone. Find something that you can excel in, and that you are interested in. You need to keep trying out different things to be able to know what you are good at. Keep looking and never stop till you find one. Or rather, never stop. Life is short so what I want to say is to try almost everything if possible when you still can. (Okay, this is kind of derailing from the topic though.)
Life is short, live the fullest out of it. You actually learn something new each day. Keep in mind every lesson that you learn and you'll become a better person leading a better life(;



No comments:
Post a Comment