Instagram

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

May you find peace in wherever you are..

Walking down the Memory Lane - me nen & jiahui
This wasn't my most glamorous picture of all; it may be my ugliest I have on an event, but this was the only one, with you - Loh Jia Hui. I know you won't be able to read this anymore, but I just wanted to type it out.

I couldn't really remember our first meeting, but it was through nen, and our friendship continued through maths olympiad right from secondary one. The three of us used to go maths olympiad together and take bus home together, since we're all living in the same area. It may just be that mere 4 years back from 2006 but it feels just like yesterday. I know we haven't been seeing/texting/contacting in any other ways for the last 3 years but I still remembered the times we spent in SCSS together. I'm sorry that I didn't find out 2 months earlier. I'm sorry for not showing care and concern as a friend for the past years. I'm sorry that our meeting ended like that.

I still remembered how you always taught me maths even though I wasn't a fast learner, you didn't give up even though my slow-ness irritated you. Although we were in different class for the 4 years, it actually did felt like we were in the same class, seeing you almost every day especially the period whereby you will always come over to our class to find us to chat. I can still vividly recall your unique laughter. Not to forget the epic day where we walked back from school all the way to our houses under the scorching sun. It was a proud accomplishment, like totally. (though our houses weren't far away from school, it's still a measurable distance kay!) I can never forget how onz you were though you might be thinking that we were out of our minds. Hahahs. We also spent a lot of time suaning each other and making each other annoyed but we still managed to "patch up" almost every time.

I wonder, if things were to change if we have met up more often in the past years. Probably I wouldn't have so much regrets then.

We weren't too close to be considered as buddies but we were close enough to be considered as good friends. I'm glad that you walked the 4 years in swiss with me. A part in me that I won't forget.

Your news probably shocked all of us. I still couldn't accept it till now. I wanna wake up from this nightmare but I couldn't seem to do so like the previous ones I had.. I have never ever thought of attending one of my friends' at this age.. The moments we had together keep playing on my mind on shuffle in a loop. Your parents were being so strong at the wake but I know they are probably still hurting in within. Afterall, you were their only child.. I can only hope that they will stay strong and continue moving on living their life to the fullest.. However, was glad to know that you left without any struggles and that you left in peace. Was glad that we could see you for one last time though it was too late. Forgive me that I couldn't do anything except to feel sorry..for your parent's loss, for your friends' loss, for all your loved ones, and for myself. Forgive me for being weak, forgive me for still not able to let go yet. But fret not, we'll continue to live your life for you as you stay in each and every one of our hearts.

Rest In Peace, my dear friend. Rest In Peace, Jiahui.

XOXO,
yan

No comments: